Vacancy: Graduate Software Developer
Assimila has a fantastic vacancy for a graduate software developer to help expand our portfolio of projects using satellite data to help farmers in the developing world grow more crops. The main responsibilities will be maintain and develop our Python codebase, including a DataCube which underpins storage and management of our data.
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to build their career in a growing company to contribute to the practical application of environmental data to solve real world problems. There will be opportunities to participate in different projects where the DataCube is the main source of spatial data, from managing risk to coffee plants in Colombia to encouraging the use of biopesticides for locust control in China.
For full Job description and persons specification look here.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Software development in Python to add new functionality to the DataCube and its API
- DataCube Maintenance
- Monitoring and maintaining operating status
- Running processing jobs to derive new information products from the DataCube
- Authoring and maintaining documentation
- Deployment and data management
- Setting up new instances of the DataCube and its http server
- Setting up and managing user access
- Managing downloads of data and populating the DataCube
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV, with a covering letter including:
- A summary of your experience and suitability for the post
- Details of your current role and salary
The final closing date is 17 February 2020 but we will interview candidates before this date so don’t delay your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.